EC202 Microeconomics: FAQ
- Are the lectures recorded? Yes, but recordings are not a substitute for attendance: you need to be at
the lecture in person. You can't rely on the availability of the recordings: sometimes they fail because of tech problems.
- How do I get the recording of the lectures? The echos are accessible from anywhere
with an internet connection. You have to log in with username and password.
- What are the differences between the various recording formats?
The Echo is the full presentation that is viewable with an internet browser and flash plugin.
A podcast (.mp3) is sound only. The enhanced podcast is sound with thumbnail clips of the visuals
(.m4b file) and the vodcast (video podcast) is a video file (m4v file).
- How do I print Powerpoint files to follow the lectures? (do you really need
to do this?) Click on File / Print.
You will see that there is the option of either printing out individual slides, or as handouts,
grouped as several slides to one page. You may find it convenient to select "pure black and white".
- What fonts should be installed on my computer? I have tried to eliminate non-standard
fonts. The standard font I use is Times New Roman with Ariel and Symbol for special effects
- I'm working on a non-LSE site and the slides look funny. What can I do? First of all
try the LSE's own kit just to check that the problem isn't you. Then check that fonts are properly
installed on your own device. Then check with your own Computer Advisory.
16 Sep 2019